Gardeners committed to donating most of the produce grown to those in need!
2011 Share the Harvest to date: 1,952 pounds
In May 2009, we reached the milestone of 100,000 pounds of fresh produce donated to Metrocrest Social Services food pantry!
Bountiful Harvests grown especially for families in need...
- Adopt a Plot Gardeners grow produce and harvest it fresh for the Metrocrest Social Services food pantry each week.
- Produce is sorted, weighed and recorded at each garden.
- Volunteers from Metrocrest pick up the harvest and take it to the food pantry, where it is distributed to families in need.
- Extra produce is distributed to the Coppell Senior Center.
- Basic Cooking Instructions for most of the vegetables are distributed with the produce at the food pantry.
Bountiful Harvests include vegetables and fruits...
- Grown, harvested and donated year round in our north Texas climate.
- Produce grown without chemicals purely for sharing food with others.
- High in nutrition with minimal handling or transportation.
- Diverse produce includes heirloom and heritage varieties.